How to Clean Wooden Furniture?
Do you have a wood furniture at your home? Having the entire ambiance bejeweled with wood takes elegance to the next level. But did you know that it can get things messed up at time if you are not really aware of how to clean it properly? For sure, you try your best to dust and shine your wooden furniture but you don’t realize that those polishes and dust combine to form an unpleasant dark patch eventually. Obviously, it’s not your fault. But if you learn to clean it in an appropriate manner, you would surely avoid damaging its finish and maintain its longevity.
- First of all, you will have to dust the furniture in order to get rid of the dirt sitting on the top surface.
- Now it’s time to remove the light soiling.
- The solution of dish washing soap and water would be of great help. But try making a weak solution so that it doesn’t affect the finish.
- Dip soft piece of cloth in the solution and wring it out to wipe out the entire piece.
- Before wiping, make sure not to have a wet cloth but damp one. Most of the people go wrong with this step.
- You don’t need to saturate the wood and then rinse your cloth often.
- Instead, hang on for a second, clean the cloth and then dry the piece properly.
What if your furniture is having some stubborn stains and other problems? Here are the possible solutions so just read on;
Removing Old Polish
It’s as good as revitalizing an antique if you can successfully clean an old wood furniture having polish of over 2-3 decades ago. All you need to do is;
- Steep 2 teabags in the boiling water.
- Let it cool for a while in the room temperature.
- Take a soft piece of cloth as the soft cloth is quite favorable
- Now just wring out that piece of cloth in the tea until it’s damp
- Then it’s time for you to wash the wood.
- Tea has got the tannic acid, which is good for maintaining wood. For sure, the resulting shine is going to leave you awestruck.
Removing Water Stains
When you clean wood with water, often times, it leaves the water rings over the surface. So first, you need to get rid of those unpleasant-looking water rings from your furniture. As per the expert housemaids in UAE, these rings form when someone puts hot or cold drink directly on the table. So in order to remove these rings;
- Just put some non-gel type of toothpaste on the spot.
- You will then just rub with a soft cloth till the stains are lifted
- If the stains are really suborning, you will have to mix you might have to mix the equal parts of toothpaste and baking soda.
- Then you can simply wipe the toothpaste off with a damp cloth (Make sure cloth is not wet).
- Once you are done with this. Just dry the surface thoroughly.
Are you willing to clean the wooden furniture without damaging its original finish? Just check out the article now.